Circle Skirt Tutorial by Kapalaka
Circle skirts are one of the handiest things you can learn to make for cosplay. As far as simple-to-make skirts go, there are two types: circle skirts and rectangle skirts. A rectangle skirts is where you cut out a large rectangle, and gather or pleat all of the excess material until it will fit your waist, giving you a nice full skirt (we explained it in a bit more detail on this over here).
Circle skirts, on the other hand, give you a lot of nice fullness, but with minimal bulk at the waist. For example, my Babs Bunny skirt:
It might not seem like it, but there are a ton of different things you can do with circle skirts. Long circle skirts (as outlined in the tutorial) are perfect for ball gowns. If you need less fullness, you can make a half circle skirt or a 3/4 circle skirt (just use a half circle or 3/4 of a circle, instead of the full circle). If you need more fullness, make several circle skirts (make sure you adjust the waist measurement accordingly, i.e. for 2 circle skirts, use half your waist measurement on both of them), and sew them all together. Here’s an example of that technique (with gathers and horse hair braid in the hem. Tutorial for how she made it here)
You can add pleats or scallops in the hem, layer a whole bunch on top of each other, or whatever else you want to do:
I’ve even known some people to make capes and cloaks and the like using a circle skirt as the basis of their pattern. So go forth! Go forth and use circles!
25 Hot Chocolate Recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate / Tatertots and Jello
- S’mores Hot Chocolate / Minimalist Baker
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate / The Recipe Critic
- Bourbon Spiked Hot Chocolate / Chasing Delicious
- Spiked Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate / Diethood
- Spicy Hot Chocolate Mocha / Diethood
- Kahlua Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate / Dine and Dish
- Mint White Hot Chocolate / Babble
- Nutella Hot Chocolate / KitchMe
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate / A Beautiful Mess
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa / Lil Luna
- Mexican Hot Chocolate with Dulce de Leche Spiced Cream / Babble
- Coconut Tres Leches Hot Chocolate / Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Crock Pot Hot Cocoa / Get Crocked
- Caramel Corn Hot Chocolate / Recipe Girl
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate / Ready Set Eat
- White Peppermint Hot Chocolate / Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate / Gimme Some Oven
- Rich Dutch Hot Chocolate / Pixi Wishes
- Lavender Hot Chocolate / Because I’m Addicted
- Mayan Hot Chocolate / Latinaish
- Butterscotch Hot Chocolate / The Hopeless Housewife
- Cinammon Orange Hot Chocolate / Joy the Baker
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate / My Recipes
- Oreo Hot Chocolate / Sweet C’s Designs
DIY Handwritten Plates
For this project, you will need:
-Porcelaine paint fine tip marker (can be found at most craft stores)
-white charger plate
-wedding vows or first dance song lyrics
1. Lay a strip of painters tape near the top of your charger plate to make a straight line for penning your vows.
2. Press firmly on the tape to make sure it’s securely in place.
3. With your porcelain paint marker begin to pen the first line of vows onto your charger plate. If you make a mistake you can wipe with a damp cloth or scrape off with your fingernail. Just be sure to do it right away!
4. Move the tape down the plate to keep your lines straight and continue penning your vows until you reach the bottom of your plate.
5. To ensure your charger plate is dishwasher safe let it sit for 24 hours and then bake it according to the directions on the marker packaging.
Paid Pattern Fujiko Kokeshi Doll found on Amigurumi Patterns
Strawberries & Cream Mug Cake
Adapted from Stacy Miller
2 tablespoons strawberry yogurt, well stirred
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream for serving
1. Coat the inside of the mug lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the egg, yogurt, vegetable oil, baking powder, extract, sugar and flour in a small bowl until completely smooth.
3. Fill the mug to halfway full and place it in the microwave. Bake it for 3 to 4 mintues, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Top with strawberries and whipped cream and serve.
LOOK AT THIS GODDAMN DRINK, SO BEAUTIFUL.
IT’S CALLED ‘ITALIAN SODA’
BECAUSE ITALIANS KNOW HOW TO DO FUCKING EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. JESUS FUCK, LOOK AT THAT SHIT. PASTA AND PAINTINGS AND NOW THEY’VE MADE SODA INTO A FACE-SMASHING ART!
HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE SOMETHING THIS FLAWLESS?
WELL SAUNTER INTO THE KITCHEN, MY LOVELY LITTLE SHITS, BECAUSE IT’S TIME TO GET COOKING!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED INCLUDE SOME WATER, SUGAR, HALF-AND-HALF CREAM AND CLUB SODA,THEN BLUEBERRIES OR STRAWBERRIES.
FIRST, YOU’LL MAKE SOME FUCKING FRUIT SYRUP. IF YOU FEEL LIKE CLIMBING MOUNT EVEREST IN YOUR UNDERWEAR, BLUEBERRIES IS PROBABLY BEST FOR YOU, AND YOU’LL NEED 3 CUPS OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL DARLINGS.
IF YOU WANT TO WRESTLE SOME GREAT WHITE SHARKS WITH A DEER HAUNCH STRAPPED TO YOUR ASS, THEN STRAWBERRIES SOUNDS LIKE THE BETTER FLAVOR FOR YOUR FLAWLESS MOUTH. YOU’LL NEED 4 CUPS OF CHOPPED STRAWBERRIES.
PICK YOUR FRUIT AND STICK WITH IT!
SHOVE 2 CUPS OF WATER INTO A POT, WITH 2 CUPS OF SUGAR! KEEP THAT SHIT ON ‘HIGH’ TEMPERATURE AND STIR UNTIL IT JUST LOOKS LIKE THICK WATER.
PREPARE YOUR BODY, BECAUSE THIS SHIT IS MAGNIFICENT.
JUMP OUT OF AN AIRPLANE AND TOSS THE 4 CUPS OF STRAWBERRIES OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE AND INTO YOUR POT.
ALTERNATELY, IF YOU’RE FEELING LIKE A LAZY SHIT, YOU CAN SCOOP THE FRUIT UP WITH YOUR HANDS AND DUMP THEM INTO THE POT LIKE A FUCKING WUSS.
LET IT BOIL FOR 10 MINUTES, WHILE YOU’RE WAITING, YOU CAN GO SWALLOW A FUCKING TIME VORTEX TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE, BUT GET BACK IN TIME TO TAKE THAT SHIT OFF THE HEAT.
PUT A BOWL UNDER YOUR STRAINER BEFORE YOU SHOVE YOUR MIXTURE INTO IT, BECAUSE YOU’RE SAVING THE SYRUP, AND THE FRUIT ALREADY DID ITS JOB.
SHOVE THIS DELICIOUS SYRUP SHIT INTO A CUP SO IT’LL BE EASIER TO HANDLE. I MAKE DOUBLE BATCHES AND KEEP THE EXTRA STUFF IN A BOTTLE MADE FROM CRYSTALLIZED TIME LORD TEARS AND CHILDREN’S LAUGHTER.
SHOVE YOUR SYRUP IN THE FREEZER FOR AN HOUR, BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO COOL THE FUCK DOWN!
NOW GET OUT YOUR JESUS FUCK THIS IS SO FANCY TYPE OF GLASSES, HELL, MAYBE YOU FEEL LIKE USING YOUR ANCIENT CRYSTAL CHAMPAGNE FLUTES, WHAT THE FUCK EVER. I DON’T GIVE A FUCK
FILL THOSE BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS WITH ICE.
FILL ¼ OF THE CUP WITH YOUR SYRUP.
THEN GET IT UP TO THE ¾ POINT WITH CLUB SODA.
AND TOP IT OFF WITH SOME HALF-AND-HALF.
BEAUTIFUL BOUNCING TITTIES THAT LOOKS WONDERFUL.
STIR THAT SHIT UP AND ENJOY YOUR FUCKING ITALIAN SODA!